Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How I Get My Kids to Eat Cauliflower

I never thought it was possible. But it is! I steam the cauliflower until it's really soft. Using a potato masher, I mash the cauliflower as much as I can. It sort of looks like lumpy mashed potatoes. Then I grind some pepper over it, sprinkle salt and then of course, add shredded cheddar cheese. Not too much - just enough to make it kid-friendly. They eat it up! And since we got a HUGE head of cauliflower in our box last week - we can have it more than one night this week!

I love that we always have fresh vegetables in the house - and every meal seems to be taking a new healthful twist that my not only is my family enjoying - but they are becoming AWARE of what it means to eat healthy food.

2 comments:

  1. Another easy thing to do with caulifour is to cut it into pieces, toss with olive oil and salt, and roast it in a 400 degree oven until is is soft and slightly browned in places. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to do that with the rest of my gigantic head of cauliflower that I still have in the fridge - got to eat it cuz a new box is coming in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete